• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 268B Skid Steer Grapple Control Issue

Joel Tyler

Greetings all, I have a CAT 268B Skid Steer recently purchased at auction and a new root grapple. The grapple opens but as soon as I release the thumbwheel it closes with force. The grapple should remain "open" until I select "close" but it snaps down as soon as I release the open thumbwheel. The thumbwheel rocks back and forth like it should. I appreciate any help to get me started with troubleshooting - much appreciated.

hosspuller

The electric valve is acting like a normally closed/open switch/valve. It should latch in what ever position you operated it to. (that's what you're asking for) Look at the hydraulic valve make sure it is a two position valve. Or the thumb electric circuit should operate as a latch. Some one may have swapped it. (auction repairs are notorious for just get it sold)