• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 262D Joystick Help

DslDrew27

DTB01483
Right Hand Joystick thumb wheel/switch not operating, currently set up to open/close a grapple bucket
all fuses good, have power and ground at 12 pin connector. remind me how the signal wire operates, and how to properly test it.
i got the joystick harness in front of me now, 4 wires to thumb switch white, yellow, brown, purple.
3 wires to other button switch, green orange and grey
any troubleshooting help appreciated
acording to SIS, you cant just get the harness assembly, part number on this harness, which includes the switches is 221-1173

Attachments

• IMG_0524.PNG
    IMG_0524.PNG
    972.2 KB · Views: 9

DslDrew27

yes i have schematic.
if i have free version of SIS, would i be able to search for that document?
Thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it well. UENR3963 is the document reference for the schematic. Actually there are two options, UENR3962 or UENR3963, and either one will do. Your image is from UENR3962.

Do you have a DMM capable of measuring duty cycle.? If so try measuring between wires P996 Green (roller signal) and P770 White (roller ground) while the roller is moved. You will need to do this with the wiring harness connected and the ignition switch in the on position. It will require terminations on your DMM (often referred to as spoons) that are capable of back-probing the connectors. Caterpillar 7X-1710 is the part number. If you don't have them there are plenty of OEM and aftermarket options on eBay