• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 247B 3024C Crate/Used Engine Options

dieseldog5.9

I have an option to purchase a 247B with a blown 3024C engine. I am familiar with Cat skidsteers, Cat can get a new long block(with turbo) 10k. No short block available.

In the past I have bought a used engine from Cooks, but they are out of stock.

It looks like a 3024C is a rebadged Perkins 404C-22T/404C-22/404-22D. Not exactly sure which one.

It appears with a quick search companies I am familiar with are similar price to cat, so I am inclined to go with cat. There are other companies that I am not familiar with that have engines in the 4-5k range. Machine Has 1200 Hours on it so would be worth putting some money into.

SN:MTL03919

Looking for anyone with experience with aftermarket sources, or used engine availability.

bueford007

I am in the same position. Mine has been down almost a year and engines just keep going up. The places listing new engines sounds good but who knows. I had contacted a Perkins dealer and they also had some new engines available, but at that time shipping was an issue. Would like to know how you come out. Need to get back to mine ,but more projects keep popping up!

Chrisso

Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
It looks like a 3024C is a rebadged Perkins 404C-22T/404C-22/404-22D. Not exactly sure which one.
A Perkins 404C-22 is a Cat 3024C, naturally aspirated engine.
A Perkins 404C-22T is a Cat 3024CT, T means turbo.
Have never heard of a 404-22D before.

Tyler d4c

New holland n844/n844t is also the same if you use a block from a tractor you have to plug the passage that feeds oil to the balance shafts.
I probably put 8 of these together using new holland parts. Weavers compact tractor normally has blocks on hand. I always built my own engines I just sourced blocks from them.

Tyler d4c

Yep shibaura is owned by perkins and there owned by cat. All 3 are made in the same factory.
I should have mentioned there's 2 different blocks
The n844 and the n844l. The l block is taller by bit and they use a different crankshaft. Any cat machine you need to use a l block.
The ones with the l came out around 1997 or 8. In a new holland skid loader you could switch between the 2 using various different parts. Best to stick with what you have tho.