• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 242 mini loader Joystick problem

andrew80

Hello guys

We have this CAT mini loader and it has a problem with the right joystick. When moving and turning left, it doesn't respond immediately but after 3 seconds. What do you guys suggest for changing parts?

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
I have a Cat 242. Here in the States we call them Skid Steer loaders. I can't help with your issues, but if you can repost or move this to the skid steer section I would think more folks that can help will see it.

Hello guys

We have this CAT mini loader and it has a problem with the right joystick. When moving and turning left, it doesn't respond immediately but after 3 seconds. What do you guys suggest for changing parts?

The resolvers in the pilot valve located below the joystick are sticking. Its a known issue with those machines. You have two options. Tear down the pilot valve and replace all 4 resolvers at 100 bucks a piece or replace the whole valve for around 500.