• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 226 Hydraulic Fluid Drain

PLB

I recently bought an older used Cat 226 skid steer. I am trying change the hose that runs from the tank to the pump but I can't seem to find where the drain is for the hydraulic fluid. Any help is much appreciated.

JoeUser

Did it come with the Operators Manual (there should be plastic case near the seat to hold one)? If not, then I highly recommend getting one, and if you're planning on keeping it for a while to also acquire a Service Manual. They will help immensely with maintenance periods, locations of fills and drains, etc.. Your local CAT dealer has them, and they're also available on their web site (along with parts diagrams and the like). Their SIS system on their site has been a boon for me, very useful! Also, manuals can be bought on eBay, as well (some as PDF's on CD's).

I'm not trying to be dismissive or flippant with this reply, but every model has its specific differences. Manuals are a godsend to help find answers to your particular model. What's typically the case with one model is completely different with others (even within CAT).

Edit: Just performing a quick search on the net, I came across this. Start on this page and it should answer your questions as to the procedure:

http://catsch.info/manuals/5/cat-22...mjh-operation-and-maintenance-manual/page/280

Last edited: