• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 225 won't budge.

JimBowatBeth

End of day 3....

... and it still at a stand still. :Banghead

With the help of my competent assistant, believe me most of the others wouldn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold, we got the running gear cover totally off ( I just had it high enough to break the brake line loose, but not off) and the skid plate under the cab.

As of 1:30-2:00 this afternoon -

Brake lines totally off the motors; bunch of junk came out of the lines, then cleared up as new/clean fluid came through - this WITHOUT the engine running. Reconnected the left (facing the running gear) and tied-down the right line, and fired it up - NO change in hydro fluid volume or pressure. Did the reverse; left off-right on just to cover all/any bases; same thing.

I can see and feel the two lines jump off the motor-control valve bank(s) behind the cab, so I assume* they are working with the pilot pressure going from forward and reverse. Also feel pressure in the lines increase/decrease when moving the steering stick. I guess that eliminates the "direction & steering" valve body under the cab.

We had to cut it short, since they decided to throw a track on our Takeuchi TL8 on the furthest point of the site thinking we where board, or something :cussing :Banghead..

Jim

* = we ALL know what assume means, don't we?! :****_eating_grin