• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 225 manual

j.urian

Hi

Just picked up a Cat 225 with a 3304DI engine. Looking to see if anyone has a PDF service manual for it? Serial number 76U3447.

Much appreciated just trying to go through and freshen up all fluids and filters and figure out why the swing break seems to be not working

My email is jjurianconstruction@yahoo.com

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
try this link:

https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=76U3447

Maybe the attached file will help on the swing brake, seems to be a rather simple mechanical drum brake worked by a hand lever like an old time emergency brake. If shoes and drum are good and not oil soaked and cable and lever with adjuster are good it should work. Also including the adjustment procedure although it is pretty simple, "tighten knob and test".

Attachments

• 225 swing brakes.pdf
    134.9 KB · Views: 12
  • swing brake adj..pdf
    66.6 KB · Views: 8

j.urian

I believe the 51u had the v8 motor.

I’m struggling to find the right air filter. I took out an inner fleetguard af338. Napa crosses to the same structure filter with a welded on studded flange. I believe the cat number is 2s1286 which crosses to the same Napa number with a studded flange at the end of the filter. Does anyone have the right numbers?

kshansen

Occupation
Well best I can tell the original inner filter was the 2S1286. That said there were change over parts that used a different filter with a soft rubber ring that fit over an adapter that bolted in to replace the original inner air filter. I'll do some checking on that but for now I'm attaching the original break down for the filter assembly.

Attachments

• 225 EXCAVATOR air filter.pdf
    296.3 KB · Views: 0

j.urian

kshansen,

you're absolutely right! I just got off the phone with Milton CAT in Massachusetts and the parts rep. Craig told me of the ring upgrade kit which is why ive been having trouble sourcing a filter without the studs

original numbers:
2sw1286
7w5317
upgraded:
6I 2501
6I 2502

hope this helps everyone

j.urian

baldwin upgrade numbers:
rs3504
rs3505

napa original style numbers:

kshansen

Occupation
Not sure why but for a few hours this morning I lost access to NPR on SIS. Now that it's back I can pass along some more information on the new filter se up "New Radial Seal Air Filter Elements"

Attachments

• New Radial Seal Air Filter Elements.pdf
    199.7 KB · Views: 4

j.urian

What do you recommend for fluid in the pump and final drives? Cat said To-4. Wondering if there’s a generic for this

kshansen

Occupation

kshansen

Occupation
Not sure why but for a few hours this morning I lost access to NPR on SIS. Now that it's back I can pass along some more information on the new filter se up "New Radial Seal Air Filter Elements"
And here is the instructions on the "Installation of the Radial Seal Air Filters"

Attachments

• Installation of Radial Seal Air Filter Conversion Kits.pdf
    264.2 KB · Views: 1

Bluox

Actually TO-4 is a Cat spec for transmission oil in Cat machines.
Any oil that meets Cat TO-4 spec will work.
Bob