• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 225 Lc serial #76U03957 Questions

Dapperdan16

Hello all, just bought a Cat 225 Lc and had a couple questions, first time attaching a picture hopefully it works. so, what is the little plug looking thing to the right of the air cleaner? it has a spring loaded cap, "almost looks like a trailer plug on a pick up truck" and the other thing I have a question about is, there is a little button on the floor of the cab to the right of the seat, anyone have a clue what this is, sorry no pic of it at this time, almost looks like a high beam low beam switch, "is it?" thanks in advance for everyone's help. Sorry guys and gal's the little button on the floor of the cab is to the left of the seat not the right, just posted a picture

Danny

View attachment 152773View attachment 152774

20160405_181621.jpg

Last edited:

mitch504

The spring loaded cap is to put an ether capsule in. They are basically unavailable now, but you can open the cap and squirt some in from a can if need be.

On a 215C, the switch that looks like a headlight dimmer is right behind the steering stick and is the horn switch. On yours: :beatsme

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
Travel speed? Just a guess.. Not a cat guy..

Dapperdan16

thanks Mitch and DK, I can't believe my manual doesn't speak of either things, were you guys able to click the other 2 photos? I'm not able to, says invalid attachment "just emailed administrator" does this engine not have glow plugs? since it has the either aid literally just got it home Sunday so haven't done any poking around yet to busy with work, I have a D4D same engine just non turbo and it does have glow plugs

Last edited:

Dapperdan16

I'll have to pull the plate/cover under the cab and see whats connected to the button. I used the thread Willie posted to upload photos "excellent instructions" and everything worked perfect, when I first attached them I was able to view them, about an hour later I wasn't able to, so not sure whats going on, hopefully administrator gets back to me. Crazy that you ran a 225 26 years ago, I am still amazed the machine I just bought is 33 years old, what a well built machine, seems like Cat was on it's game when this machine was built

20160403_154458.jpg20160403_113637.jpg20160405_181621.jpg