• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 120G Serial Number lookup, Blade questions

MT Rancher

Occupation
Rancher
He folks,

I am looking at Cat 120G to purchase, Serial number 87v2892, 4432hrs with complete maintenance records and service/parts manuals. It has a 16' rubber bottom blade installed and a 12' blade included. It doesn't have the l/r slide cylinder on either blade. Was this an option and not standard? Also, it is represented as a 1977 unit. Is the l/r slide something I can live without. I would be grading ranch roads, plowing snow in winter, and using to make irrigation border dikes primarily. Thank you!

Regards,
MT Rancher

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Serial number 87v2892
Built February 1977.
Regarding the blade sideshift, it is an attachment (option) and it does not appear as though 87V2892 was equipped with it when originally built. Take a look at the antler rack inside the cab and the control valves below it paying attention to the inner one on the LH side (if fitted).

MT Rancher

Occupation
Rancher
Thank you Nige. It appears the inner left and well as inner right are missing on the antler rack, so probably never installed.
Untitled.png

JaredV

I had no idea that was just an option. You could get by without it but I'd miss it. I guess it would come down to if the price and condition of the machine are good enough to offset not having it. The inner spacers are standard. I'm looking at the spacer between the two levers on the left. I can lay my hand on the lever I need without looking, but sitting at home I had to find a picture to see for sure that spacer is where the moldboard shift would be.

MotorgraderControls-580631833~2.jpg

Last edited:

Cliffy

Is there no blade pitch either? I can only see 2 leavers on left. Guessing lift and circle.
No ripper either.