• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 120 & 140 AWD NextGen

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
That took long enough. :)

Nice looking machine. Limited vision around the windows. Looks like they are still using old school rubber seal windows.

Anxious to hear operator's opinions about it after running one for awhile.

20/80

Occupation
operator
That's not the new updated cab for the lever style controls, but still a great looking machine, the old hands will be glad.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
That's not the new updated cab for the lever style controls, but still a great looking machine, the old hands will be glad.

Oh, guess I should have looked closer, I thought that's what it was.

So this version still uses Joystick Controls? What is the purpose of the cab change?

20/80

Occupation
operator
Oh, guess I should have looked closer, I thought that's what it was.

So this version still uses Joystick Controls? What is the purpose of the cab change?
That cab design is for lever controls but they now have a new next generations cab design for the lever control, way more visibility with some really nice upgrades for the H series style cab, you can see one in a video in the 120 series grader on Cats website, take notice of the roll over beam directly behind the operator in the video, there's not to much info out on the next generations cabs for the new 140's and 120's series yet.