• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case W24 B

Shakenbake

Hello.I need to change the pivot bearings in my W 24B loader.Just wondering if anyone knows what type of bearing of bushing these take and if its a pain to change them,Also if there bushings and not bearings could a machine shop fabricate them to work as the Case dealer are not close to my location and the parts may take a long time to get here.Thank You

sheepfoot

The center joint has shims, loosen the cap on the lower side of the upper joint and remove a shim, loosen the cap on the upper side of the lower pin and remove a shim, this tightens the bearing and race. The bearing is made like a ball cut in half with a hole to press it on the pin, and the race matches the curve of the half ball slide in the frame. The shims removed push the race tighter to the ball half. I have seen several frames that had to be machined due to not adjusting the shims when needed and beating them out. Case will be the best place to get them if needed after the shims are adjusted up and still a lot of play. May even need to take a pin out and check the wear in the frame also.

Shakenbake

Thank you again sheepfoot there seems to be fair amount of play but hopefully removing a shim will tighten it up,Is it necessary place a jack under the frame to unload the weight from the bearing to remove a shim or will it just tighten the way it sets.Thanks again sounds like you know these ole loaders top to bottom,Its great to get this help from the forum,