• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE TV 380

Dickjr.

A friend of mine has a TV380 CTL. He put hytran in the hydraulic system by accident and says that the hydraulic temp is going towards the red. He said its also acting funny as in slow response. If I recall it takes 10W30 motor oil like rotella or delo? Would this oil cause the problem he is seeing? He also put it in his backhoe a 580 SK and its now has the same symptoms. Hopefully it hasn't ruined anything yet but I guess we will see. I did recommend to him to change it to 10W30 asap run it a couple hours and do it again.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It takes 10w30. I would drain it and change the hyd. filter. I am not sure if that explains what your seeing.

Dickjr.

mikebramel , I'm glad you replied. I talked to the guy and he said it was a TSC comparable hytran oil. My .02 , I don't trust any of those oils from TSC or Walmart. I like oil from a specific company like shell or chevron. I am guilty of using NAPA hydraulic/transmission fluid that is compatible with CAT TO2 specs in my backhoe hydraulic system which is a 416C Cat hoe. I am having trouble with the hoe on certain functions and we can't nail it down. Evidently the fluid type is not as critical as I think it is? I sure would like to pick your brain on these subjects. I did check out your website , looks good. It would be cool to see some of the cylinder repairs you've done in the shop forum.

mikebramel

Hello, yes, I'm not knocking house brand of oil or what not. It could be just as good as anything else, I'm not to say and look up the specs on every oil. I have used the Napa oil. Just weird that the problems "just started" when he changed the oil? Hytran oil should be right in the same viscosity range as 10-30 motor oil. Maybe the new oil he put in has incompatible additives with the old oil and is forming some sludge mixture? As you told him, there's something going on, don't run it too long. You may as well be draining $100 bills out of that hydraulic tank. I think he should drain some oil out and compare it to fresh.

The best projects are the ones I forget to tape pictures of. Would be a great page for the web site. Some time I'll update it. Have to find the password LOL

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
I don't believe that hytran would be causing the issues your having with the skid steer. Hytran has been interchangeable with 10w30 in previous models (xt series) I would recommend running the 10w30 in your tv380, as it still has a higher sheer rating, which is important in the hydraulics of the skid steer.

Seems more likely that the weather is getting warmer, causing the overheating issues. If he is running any skid steer attachments (like a mower or a sweeper, or mulcher) than the TV380 can overheat the hydraulics. There is a fan hub change up to increase the fan speed for this issue.

The 580sk would have called for TCH fluid originally, which has been subbed to hytran many years ago.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Does that fan hub change apply to the SV300 as well? I get overheating issues running high flow mowers in high heat at altitude.

GaryHoff

Occupation
For the F5C engine, replace the belt (part number 87621132) and the pulley (part number 504255370) This is the tier 3 engine

The tier 4a and tier 4b are a mix of if they have the faster fan or not.
For the sv300 the tier 4a should have a slower fan and tier 4b should have the faster fan. The tier 4a was under noise regulations. I could probably piece together the parts to make the fan faster. Lots of pulley and belt options and mixes.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Mine is a 2014 with a DPF, would my PIN tell what pulley I had?

GaryHoff

Occupation
According to my information, the faster fan pulley for you would be
pulley 504255370 - 157 mm (6.2 inches) OD
belt 84514687 - 1420 mm (56 inches) long

You can measure from the top of the pulley to the bottom of the engine lifting hook to verify what pulley you have.
Standard pulley - 24 mm clearance height between top of pulley and lift hook
High flow pulley - 35 mm clearance height between top of pulley and lift hook