• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case TR320 error code OPRPR

shakori00

I just finished power washing my 2011 TR320 compact track loader. I got in it to put the bucket down and it won't move. I can start the machine but cant move it or the bucket. I get an error code of OPRPR. Any suggestions?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
sounds like a safety switch, maybe lap pull down or seat sensor, that may stand for Operator Presence.

shakori00

sounds like a safety switch, maybe lap pull down or seat sensor, that may stand for Operator Presence.

We thought the same thing. The seat sensor seems to be working. When you sit in the seat a light on the display lights up and shows that an operator is present. Unsure on the lap bar sensor so far.

We just purchased this machine this week. It has been working great until it got washed. We were hoping that something just got wet and needed to dry out but that doesn't appear to be the case. The person/business that we purchased it from said that you can't power wash those machines because they are notorious for having electrical issues. This is our second Case and I've never heard that one before.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have been washing mine for two years and have not had an issue.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
I don't believe that you're actually seeing a code. I have both the operator's manual and service manual here and all of the codes listed for all functions are numerical.

Can you move the machine? If you can't, I'd suspect a relay, especially the EH Control Module Relay. Of course, I'd also check fuses. Some of the relays are identical, so you can swap them around to aid in troubleshooting. Keep in mind that a lot of the main and auxiliary fuse boxes are mounted upside down or flopped so that the one shown closest to the seat in the operators manual is actually the one next to the front of the machine. If it is a relay, flip the cab back up and check the main wiring loom on the left side of the machine (facing forward.) Mine was rubbing on the cab. You could have an exposed wire there that got wet.

You can use the red knob in the cab to release the hyd. pressure and lower the loader arms, but if you have to check any connections under the cab I'd wait to do that. To raise the arm back up you need another loader and have to disconnect the hydraulic connections to the loader where the hard lines meet the hoses or it won't move. It's a mess.

Edit: I just had a what-if thought, so I checked it out in the service manual. Make sure that the proportional thumbwheel on the right joystick is centered and not in a detent (up or down) position which will disable all hydraulic functions no matter how many times you press the operate button. It's specifically called out in the Hydraulic Enable Switch overview.

Last edited:

shakori00

So one more issue with the tr320.... It is up and moving again, so I hooked up my grapple bucket and attempted to operate it soon finding out the machine acts as though it has little pressure on the auxiliary connection. The cylinders retract faster than they extend but after cycling them a few times they quit all together. Could this be a proportional switch issue or valve problem? Haven't serviced the hydrolic system yet still waiting on filters. Thanks!

Goose

That error code comes up when the instrument cluster does not detect the seat switch or lapbar being closed. It can be either of the switches but sound like it could be the lapbar since the dash wakes up when you set in the seat. It can also come up in the older software due to a glitch in the program. If it is not the labar switch you may have to take it to the dealer to get it checked and maybe get the new software downloaded.

Fallentimber1

So I recently bought a 2012 Tr320, have been using it for a couple months, nothing drastic. Parked it the other day and same thing. I swapped the door sensor, lap sensor to check that, no change. Switched relays and nothing. Gave up, went in it the day after....all good. Shut it down, next day here we go again, downside is I didn't raise the arms when it was running.
Software glitch? Or am I looking to a wiring issue?

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Fallentimber1 Sounds like you have old software. The old software would glitch out, if the seat switch was turned on/off/on too fast. This happens usually when you get in the cab, because most people sit down, and then adjust themselves into the seat. Your only getting the OPRPR code too?

Fallentimber1

Fallentimber1 Sounds like you have old software. The old software would glitch out, if the seat switch was turned on/off/on too fast. This happens usually when you get in the cab, because most people sit down, and then adjust themselves into the seat. Your only getting the OPRPR code too?

Yup, just the OPRPR. I had the dealer mechanic out, installed the upgraded software, and still was having trouble. End of the day, same error. Today went out, jumped in........tadah working again.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Is the lap bar light on? If you raise then lower the lap bar, does it work?
When did you have Case do the software update? Software to address this came out late 2013/ early 2014.
I have had some problems with the lap bar switch. Its a magnetic proxy switch. I had one where a small washer got stuck on it, and would randomly turn on/off the lap bar. Also had where the wrong bolts were used on the lap bar switch, and would mess with the switch.
Also check your gap between the lap bar and the proxy switch.
When your having the issue, try putting a washer or something steel by the lap bar switch.

Fallentimber1

Is the lap bar light on? If you raise then lower the lap bar, does it work?
When did you have Case do the software update? Software to address this came out late 2013/ early 2014.
I have had some problems with the lap bar switch. Its a magnetic proxy switch. I had one where a small washer got stuck on it, and would randomly turn on/off the lap bar. Also had where the wrong bolts were used on the lap bar switch, and would mess with the switch.
Also check your gap between the lap bar and the proxy switch.
When your having the issue, try putting a washer or something steel by the lap bar switch.

Case was out Friday actually, seems really intermittent, went out today, started and ran for 4 hrs, went to switch attchs, error again. Gave it a hour, good again. Moved it to another spot raised the bar, lowered and did it again. It does seem to coincide with the bar, seat switch loop. Case is coming out again Monday to check it again.
Here's hoping.
Thanks for the info, will keep troubleshooting till then.

howsz

dry out the electrical connectors down by the left bell housing area and right chain case area under the cab.
you would be amazed what water can screw up on these machines.