• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case TR 270 High Flow Option - Choosing a mower

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
Hi,
I have a 2017 Case TR 270 with high flow option. Looking to purchase a brush mower. Found a well kept, only 2 years old Erskine HD Direct Drive Utility Brush Mower. Operating pressure of 3 to 4.2k psi and 18 to 30 gal./min. flow range.
Based on what I've found, the Case in High Flow will run 32.5 gal. per min. Thoughts on compatibility of these 2?
Want to make sure I get something that will work well together. Anything else to look out for? Thx.

hitmix300

If you put too much flow through that motor and it destroys itself; it would be a very expensive bill to repair the contaminated hydraulic system. not worth the risk in my opinion.

When I bought my new MTL I made sure the motor was sized for my hyd flow @ 25/35gpm. I think the motor's rating was 23-37gpm.

for what its worth; be sure to check the flywheel for runout and give the tool a good test before you buy it, you can always run it in standard flow to avoid any issues.

I think you should just purchase a new cutter thats spec'd for your machine. This way you wont end up with a used tool that might have issues without a warranty

just my .02

best wishes