• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case stanadyne pump rebuild

Bryan5238

Guys in the process of rebuilding a pump and installing a new one piece governor ring and it came with a clear rubber piece that looks like the old governor flex plate do I need to install that on the backside of the governor ring?image.jpg

Bryan5238

Also the direction of rotation is that from the front of the pump bolting to the front timing cover or the rear?

Bryan5238

Well I figured out what was going on. The linkage had too much slack and was causing the pump to get in a bind. Tested it on a bench and seems to be working good. Disregard that first post. Learnt the hard way on that though cause it bent multiple pushrods. Got the pump back on the tractor hoping I can straighten out the pushrods. Worked all weekend on that pump it’s been a real pain in the a$$..

Bryan5238

Well I figured out what was going on. The linkage had too much slack and was causing the pump to get in a bind. Tested it on a bench and seems to be working good. Disregard that first post. Learnt the hard way on that though cause it bent multiple pushrods. Got the pump back on the tractor hoping I can straighten out the pushrods. Worked all weekend on that pump it’s been a real pain in the a$$..

Bryan5238

I’m not gonna use them very much just to figure out the cause. It was running good with the other pump just wasn’t able to use the throttle lever. It was ramping up and down with the shut off which got me to thinking it was an injection pump malfunction. I will double check the time. Cause that makes sense, or the valves weren’t adjusted correctly. But I didn’t mess anything up till I installed that other pump.

Tinkerer

Yes, but barely.
Probably not a cam timing problem if it ran ok before the ip problem came about.
Get the ip repaired properly and then time it correctly with the engine.
Do you have the 580B service manual ?

Last edited:

Bryan5238

pump is pumping and running good now. Cost me a couple pushrods but saved me 700 in labor. Had my valve guides adjusted too far.