• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case/new holland engine vs cummins. New holland w130

Thomas Brooks

Hey guys I have a 2005 w130 new holland loader with the new holland/case/iveco engine. 667ta/m2. It looks very similar to a 12 valve cummins (mine is 6.7 liter). My bosch ve6 rotary pump on the machine has the famous fuel leak out of the throttle shaft. I am going to pull the pump tomorrow and my local diesel shop is going to reseal it. Here's my question, the motor looks very similar to a cummins in alot of ways. Does anybody know if the cummins barring tool and timing lock pin from a cummins works on this engine? The way the counter weight is I can't turn the motor over with the crank and the neck where the manual says to push in the timing lock pin just has a pipe plug in it (from factory). Looks very similar to cummins set up and before I bought the cummins tools that are allover online I thought I'd check. I don't have a new holland/ case dealer local anymore to just stop in and talk to service or borrow a couple tools. Thanks

Thomas Brooks

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Hey Thomas if you have a service manual in the engine section there should be a list of special tools and the barring tool and timing pin should be there and should have part numbers. At least there used to be when I worked for Case dealer.