• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case forklift runs, but won't rev up

Delmer

How about some history? is this a new machine to you? or do you know it ran before? when? how long has it been sitting?
Is this a Stanadyne/Roosamaster rotary injection pump?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I could probably help out but we gotta know if it’s gas or diesel, what engine and what type injection pump is on it..
AND some history.. did it happen all of a sudden.?? After adding fuel.??

Occupation
farmer/retired ag teacher
thanks guys for the help. 584c case probably 70's or 80's model. I've had it about 10 years. diesel engine with stanodyne pump #dbgfcc43165aj. had been parked in equipment barn for some weeks, started fine, idled fine, just won't rev up. ok when parked. I don't know who built the engine unless it was case.

Vetech63

I assume being that old it is a throttle cable type. Have you checked to see if the pump lever is moving when you step on the pedal?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Good thinkin V..
Yes, get it started and with the engine running, operate the throttle with your hand..
And if it has a pull cable for a shut off, make sure it’s all the way open..
Next check and change the fuel filter..
If that doesn’t change anything, it’s time to remove the pump top cover to check for a stuck metering valve..
Google mv to see what your looking at/for..

Delmer

Thepumpguy takes these apart in his sleep. I'd let it run for a few hours with the hand throttle halfway up, before pulling it apart. after you verify the pump shafts are actually turning with the controls, or it's not responding when you do turn the throttle shaft and shut off.

crane operator

Should be a case 207 engine in a older 584. The newer ones used a 4 or 6 bt.

Isn't that the stanodyne pump that can lose its fiber ring inside? Plugging the return?

Occupation
farmer/retired ag teacher
I want everyone to know that I appreciate all the good advice. we are in the middle of a dry winter here in central texas, and soon as we get a break we'll be putting it to use. Thanks again, everybody