• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case CX240 E0611 diagnostic code

Tom Ellington

Hello folks, my 2005 CX240 is shutting down with code E0611 which in the tech manual shows to be engine protection over temp error. But the coolant temp gauge shows normal and operates correctly as observed from warmup. Is there a secondary temp sensor that could be failing? If so does anyone know the location?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Appears a hot shut down maybe full revolutions !
Kind regards
Uffex
upload_2022-4-30_9-10-2.png

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Tom
I suspect that hot shut down refers to engine high speed shut down (Bad for the turbo ect). If you have the machine in auto idle the idle speed is above what the idle speed actually is, shutdown without switching auto idle to of.Make sure the machine idle's be-for shutdown.
Kind regards
Uffex

Tom Ellington

Thanks for your reply but I don’t understand your explanation. It is being operated in auto and the machine dies during operation. No “electrical problem” message on display but the code is there when you go into diagnostics and the machine will not restart until some time has elapsed.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Tom
Give me some time I will make some research and make a better explanation.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Tom
Attached is what I have been able to find.
Kind regards
Uffexupload_2022-5-1_10-8-11.pngupload_2022-5-1_10-8-11.png

uffex

Occupation
Admin
  • Type 2: When the key is switched ON and held for 10 seconds, then the key is switched OFF, the display is recovered to normal.
    However, for temperature sensors in the section marked *, after the key is switched ON, it is held for 3 to 10 minutes before it is switched OFF.

Tom Ellington

Thanks for your research but again that description makes no sense to me. The engine runs perfectly, from idle to full throttle, under a load it is perfectly smoothe. And the temperature is normal so this error code is erroneous.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Tom
Is the error repetitive or is is just an indication you would prefer to delete and see if it crops up again?
Kind regards
Uffex

Tom Ellington

Good day Tom
Is the error repetitive or is is just an indication you would prefer to delete and see if it crops up again?
Kind regards
Uffex

It only happens once in several days of operation, randomly. If I could delete this function I would like to since it is a repetitive erroneous code.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Tom
A contact has posted the information it may take some time reading, I am assuming you do not have the information.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Case 130-240 controller.pdf
    632.9 KB · Views: 16