• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 95XT hydraulic issue

Z24O

Recently bought a 95XT SSL with 4000 hours on it from a dealer (Scottish sounding name in Redcliff) in Perth, WA.
I am in Tasmania and bought it on the assurance it was perfect, should have baulked when I offered to pay for it to go through their workshop and get a written report and they told me they were too busy. Gave me a number to speak with previous owner, obviously bogus because an internet search of the serial number showed they bought it at auction 6 weeks earlier with "known problems" in the auction listing. Anyway...
I had it freighted over to Tassie and from the start it has been un-useable:

Engine wouldn't start up again for 24 hours...turned out to be fuel shutoff solenoid, replaced no worries.
Wouldn't operate for more than 5 minutes without motor shutting down and hydraulic oil looking frothy in the sight glass
Boom/bucket cycle times 3x what they should be
Boom clattered going up
Crowding the bucket going up/down froze the boom

Long story short, the dealer refused to take responsibility for the problems, denied they knew that the machine had issues and told Fair Trading to p*ss off when they approached them, so Ill be off to court as soon as the machine is fixed.

It's had a new self leveling valve fitted but the problem with the bucket/boom remains, less the frothy hyd oil.
The repair shop over hear are now telling me it's the charge pump (I did tell them that I thought it was the charge pump from day one after scouring this forum (cheers guys) but they only tested the pressure not the flow!
Now they are telling me the pump is low on flow.

They're telling me it's another $1800 for the pump plus labour

So....
1 Could it be possibly anything else that could be tested before replacing the pump?

2) Is there anywhere I could get a pump cheaper/faster? (they say min 6 weeks from Italy)

3) Could there be yet something else needs fixing after the pump is fitted to solve the problem?

cheers fellas.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The pump should be pretty easy to source in the US. The upside is, when you get it running, it is a bad ass skid steer.