• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 95XT hydraulic bucket release

Z24O

Recently purchased a 95XT and have a dilemma with the hydraulic lock on the quick attach.
When the machine is not running the pins are hydraulically locked to secure the bucket, but as soon as I start it up the pins retract thus unlocking the bucket.II've fiddled with every switch I can find to no avail)
I have a service manual that runs to 1500 pages but can't find the answer to my question in that either.

What controls the hydraulic locking mechanism on the quick attach?

Thanks guys.

Vetech63

It depends on the brand of the quick-tach, but usually the ones I've seen have an electrical switch on the panel. Also, there is usually instruction decals on how to operate it inside the cab. That might give you a hint on location possibly. It should be a electric/hydraulic valve that works it. If you have fiddled with the switches (assuming you are hitting the right one) and the switch has failed, it may not make any difference in what is happening.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I had two 95Xt's and a 465. It has been a while but as I recall the switch for the QA is located on the right side of cab as your sitting in the seat. There should be a cover along the seat. Open the cover and there should be a silver switch. That switch operates the quick attach. As I recall you had to hold it to activate the pawls. It should not be doing what you are experiencing. The switch has to be held for it to work, unless someone has put a different style switch in it. My 465 had it on the left side of the seat, there was a switch toward the front of the box, it is kinda hidden. I would check there as well.

Z24O

Many thanks guys.
Switch for the solenoid is under the cover on the right hand side of the seat, behind the right control, silver round lever which you have to lift and push forward to lock the pawls and lift and pull back to open the pawls.
The lock is engaged automatically when the machine is switched off, probably some safety feature.