• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 9030B Help

jerry109999

I have a 98' 9030B that is giving me the business and wanted to see if you guys have and ideas on what to for or attempt to solve.
Issue #1. Pilot controls won't unlock for me. Sometimes get in the machine and they unlock fine and other times it won't unlock without jiggling the wires in the back of the machine near the pilot filter, banging on the solinoid bank and cussing. I usually unlocks but not always, I have new filter in the pilot lines and new switch for the unlock control that is in the back of the machine and new switch under the arm in the cab. Ideas?
Issue #2. Right track is starting to lock up while traveling. Last week, travel 50-100 yards and it may or may not lock up, reverse direction of travel and would work again for a little bit and then lock up. Today before the controls locked up and would not unlock it worked without locking up at all. Ideas?
I am going to look at the machine in the morning and if you have any ideas on where to start i would appreciate it.

Jerry

CDUB

There should be some relays behind the seat, one is labeled control lock. Try switching it with one of the others to test.
I' have no idea about your travel problem.

roadrunner81

Occupation
Managing member KSR Excavating, LLC
If you have not done it yet it would be a good idea to check your final drive oil for any contaminants, make sure your planetary gears are not causing your lock up.:eek:

Goodmanstruck

Occupation
Owner/Operator Goodman's Truck & Equipment Repair
Check for a manual override at the pilot valve bank, usually in the pump compartment, usually a thumbscrew on the back side of the valve. Used to override and bypass pilot lock. Be careful getting in and out of the cab though.

jerry109999

Update:

Just wanted to thank you guys. The relay for the pilot control was going out and we got it fixed. FYI- the relay bank on this machine are located behind the seat and behind the computer. Never did figure out the reason for the tracks locking but the issue went away.

Thanks again,

Jerry

Old Toys

Track Problem

Jerry check your case lube level, then if full check whats in the fluid (take out bottom plug or try to get a magnet in case). You are probally going to find metal filing, sounds like your track is warning you that you are about to loose that drive due to a bearing failure. Cheaper to check and fix now or Pay $$$$ later.