• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 850K Won't move

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
You just have older software, so "CAL POT" is for the brake pedal, and "CAL INC" is for the decel pedal.
Remember to move the pedals slowly up and down, within 15-20 seconds. This procedure may take multiply times to complete, as it is fussy. It will not complete the calibration, if the brake POT is out of range.

It sounds like your brake POT is out of range. You will have to back probe the connector, and check the voltages. Adjust or replace it as needed.

Engine RPM range is 2170-2270rpm at high idle no load.
Low idle is 800-1050rpm

atc007

Thank you again sir!! I admit, I skipped right to trying to program,as you knew :) . I will give her a few more attempts, then go after the POT. I will attempt to find in other threads how to adjust it.

GaryHoff

Occupation
brake pot.jpg

The brake POT (1) has slotted holes, and can be rotated as needed. You may also have to adjust the pedal stops.

You will have to back probe the connector(2), and check your voltages with a multi-meter. The rubber seal also easily comes out of the connector, so you can also check your voltages that way too.

Last edited:

atc007

I can't thank you enough Gary. Thank you again. It may be Tuesday before I can work at her,I am so excited to have this girl back in my life lol,and running WAY better than ever! I never revved her much,just plowed snow mostly. But she was down 200 RPM's from where she should be !!

fallas

Thank you Mr Coy.
Another question
Can I run the dozer whitout the sensor?. The dozer moves at 50 or 60%.
Fuses and relays are fine and everything works the only failure is the speed
Thank you

fallas

Now I am located in Costa Rica central America and here is no case dealers, that is the reason I am looking for help
Thank you one more time

GaryHoff

Occupation
You will not get a fault code if the failure is within the accepted voltage range. The potentiometer often sticks.
Check the brake potentiometer output. The brake potentiometer output (number 521 wire) must be set so that the voltage is 2.75 volts to 4.5 volts with the pedal released (in the full UP position), and 0.5 to 2.25 volts with the pedal fully depressed.
After you have done this, perform a calibration in the dash.

Refer to page 1 of this thread, message 14.

You will have to back probe the output wire (number 521) to check its voltage, and rotate the brake potentiometer, until the desired voltages are set. You may have to adjust the pedal stops also.

GaryHoff

Occupation
4321 - Throttle potentiometer out of range
4521 - Bump up switch stuck on at start up
4533 - Joystick CAN message fault

fallas

Thank you Gary. I will change the pot and try to make the calibration like you explaining in this thread
Thank you one more time
Could you please explain a little more about the 4521 and 4533 faults. Thank you

fallas

With the new throttle pot I got this new faults and the parking brake light is in the dash and the dozer do not moves,

fallas

Good news the dozer moves the problem was the pedal stop I just calibrated it.
Thank too everyone for helping

atc007

I just want to thank you again Gary. You aren't just sharing your wealth of knowledge, you have saved me and my family tons of hours.. We got flooded horribly again last night. No, I had not made time to fix the Dozer. So, I just got done building a road in 2 hours that took me over a month to build the last time with the bucket tractor. You told me where to look. All I ended up having to do was pulling the cover off. Bottom nipple nut stripped out of the cab. But I just lubed the heck out of the brake, slammed it back and forth a few times. Unplugged the POT,lubed everything,and wala. I have my baby back!! Didn't have to reprogram either! I am forever endebted to you Gary. If you are ever in Pa. Please look us up. We'll cook you a feast and do some riding. Thanx again.