• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE 850G right track intermittent

bsamot69

Occupation
Retired to Ranching
Our Case 850 g right track had stopped moving backwards or forward with the left track functioning as expected. I got underneath and there was a leaking line that comes out of back of trans and runs up to the controller up under the battery. There was another line off this connection but I couldn't follow it. Now the right track was working for a bit then quit. Added fluid and it would work. Did this a couple of times till fluid level remained at proper level. Repaired some other battery problems.
Now, it starts up and was operating, both tracks functioning. Then it stopped working , the right track. After working with the dozer for a while this is what happens. When track stopped working, pull dipstick to check level which was good. Put dipstick back in and the track would work. Forward then backwards utilizing footbrakes to drive. When go back to forward the right track stops working. Pull the dipstick, put it back in and the track functions normally. Performed this process 10 times with same result. Dipstick in. Dozer works forward,. reverse then stop working when go back to forward. Pull dipstick, put it back in, right track works. Okay, I am definitely at a loss and hope y'all can help down this path..

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
Have you tried just stopping all functions and sitting with your hands together for the time it normally takes you to pull the dipstick to check the oil level....and THEN trying to operate the tractor? Pulling and replacing the dipstick usually doesn't effect the operation of anything that I know of other than to know what the oil level is at any given time.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Brake Pedal sticking or Modulation spool sticking? In the time it takes you to get out and pull dipstick and put it back they return to normal position? See Mcrafty1 post.