• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rhinovangogh

I have a 1980 Case 850B Dozer up on 8 RR ties. I have been working on it outside off and on all winter and love the beast! Been fixing hydraulic leaks with new seals(output shaft, filter housings,low pressure hoses and control rod). Had to do the control rod seal so off came the housing; so I decided to do the brakes as well. Replaced slaves with new ones and completely cleaned/painted the brake housings(also cleaned master cylinders/replaced rubber booties). One brake disc was burnt out. Case wanted $183.00. All the other discs are in great shape, no doubt recently replaced. Anyone know of a Case IH replacement disc(# please) that I can get cheaper than the Case one? I see IH ones listed on eBay for farm equipment with same Outer Diameter 6.5, 10 splines but I need a 1.375 shaft Inner Diameter. To be honest I bought one already from eBay with the wrong diameter= $22.00 self inflicted wallet wound.) I have queries to a couple of eBay vendors but I do not think these will be the right diameter. Any hints at distributors cheaper than Case? I only need this pad to close her up and get her running again. Thanks, Rhino in AZ

Welder Dave

I don't know but $183.00 for a part for construction equipment doesn't seem too bad to me. I usually consider it victory if I can repair something properly for under a couple hundred bucks.

Rhinovangogh

Hi Welder Dave, My experience so far is that if Case has it for a certain price and I look hard enough I get the part for a 5th of what they are asking. I am saving my pennies for the grandkids so ever penny pinched is worth it. I see similar products by Case/IH for $20.00. All the parts I have replaced on this beauty have been local or online purchases. Thanks again Dave, but I am holding out for a win here... :)

Welder Dave

You can't compare farm tractor parts to construction equipment parts. If it was Cat or maybe JD you might find aftermarket. Your machine is a Case not a Case/IH. You already wasted $22 and who knows how long you'll have to look to try and save $100. If it was $1000 I'd look around but $183.00 I'd rather get the machine back working and earning its keep.

Rhinovangogh

Thanks welder Dave. I do not have extra cash to throw around thats all. Also, I am retired military so I can be patient. You are right about the parts paying for themselves if the machine is running. I just had to buy parts for my Dodge so the budget is spent for parts this month,,,unless I can save??? :) Cheers, Rhino

Rhinovangogh

If you have the case part number google it. That’s how I find my after market parts for farm and construction equipment I work on.

John
I am pretty good at online research John. I restored a 1949 Hough HF browsing chatrooms, forums and online businesses. Turns out there are folks all over the country with NOS parts if you look hard enough. Cheers, Rhino