• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 680E Backhoe weak

Caseman680e

Hey guys new to the forum, I recently bought a 680e been tinkering on it for a minute and… I noticed my boom arm is weak when trying to come up with no load and like a hissing sound and my stabilizers have what seems like low pressure with a hiss as well. I drained fluids today gonna change the filter inside the hydraulic tank and checked the main pressure relief valve (which seemed to be okay) I realize I should have probably done flow tests but kinda a little late now lol. I guess my next stop is the power beyond fitting to make sure the o rings are in tact and make sure nothing is stopped up in the line & work my way back to the back making sure nothing is clogged. The loader works fine. Anyone else had similar problems, pointers? Thanks, god bless.IMG_8837.jpeg

Caseman680e

Hey thanks Tinkerer, I’ve checked the power beyond o rings looked good. I pulled the backhoe valve and there was a lot of dirt in the cylinder. After I pulled the snap ring should it move freely to that point? Just trying to make sense of it before I put it back on. (Also checked for cracks on the inlet section, which I didn’t see any)

Attachments

• IMG_8887.jpeg
    IMG_8887.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8884.jpeg
    IMG_8884.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8886.jpeg
    IMG_8886.jpeg