• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE 621D parkbrake

Fred

G'Day Everyone.
Helping a friend with a Case 621D, the problem we have is that parkbrake won't apply.:confused:
It seems to work electrically as light on dash comes on & goes off correctly but brake won’t hold. He has a seal kit for brake assembly (wow not cheap $480) so we will fit that tomorrow & go from there but any HELP would be great thanks.

Cheers
:)

Fred

getting closer

Thanks for your help, we had a good look at belvel springs & see what you mean, bit different what how you would think they would go in.
We have learnt heaps today about trying to get a little loader to stop rolling.
What we have worked out is that park brake assembly has oil pressure going to it constantly regardless of what position the park brake switch is in, even with engine shut off & master switch disengaged,
Only time we were able to get park to come on was cracking breather & draining about 5 litres of oil, about the amount that would be in park brake accumulator. Brake locked on beautifully, then we ran up engine got brake pressure charged up & away she rolled again.
Have checked relays & fuses & all good.
I suspect that a solenoid valve is not sealing, can anyone help to where this valve may be?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, is this a known problem?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Item #24 is the park brake solonoid - if this is the same setup as what you have.

Attachments

• 621d brake valve.gif
    621d brake valve.gif
    32.1 KB · Views: 3,347

Fred

Thanks Alrman, pretty neat isn't it how you can get help from around the world.
Does anyone know if this valve fails will it give us our problem?
Are these a good little loader or a bit problematic? Havn't had much to do with Case gear.

thanks everyone

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Around the world? I'm probably just up the road from you Fred!

I haven't had alot of 'hands on' experience with the 621D.
The 21 series is usually pretty reliable. They have been around for a long time & unfortunately the more technical they get, .....well, you know where I'm going.
Transmission control problems can be a bit of a challenge & prices for tranny & axle parts can be steep.

Early 621 chassis' were OVER engineered

Last edited:

hornet825

Hey Fred did you make sure to adjust the brake properly. If it is not holding more than likely the pads have wore down to far for the previous adjustment. Another question is will the loader roll even with the engine off? If it does it is the adjustment. Because it is a spring applied hydraulicly released brake. To adjust the brake just remove the cap on the caliper. Then loosen the lock nut on the set screw. Start the loader and turn the park brake off. Screw in the set screw till it bottoms out, back it off a turn. shut the engine off and tighten up the lock nut again. See how that works out for you.

Fred

G'Day Hornet
adjustment is right & pads are new, problem is that there is oil pressure going to Park Brake assembly all the time regardless of what position switch is in, even when engine is off till park brake accumalator pressure drops off, once no pressure in system spring pack takes over & applies park brake.

cheers

hornet825

Hey Fred ok it sounds like you are getting constant presssure to the caliper. Another thing you can check is the spool that the park brake solenoid controls. Remove the solenoid and unscrew the spool from the brake valve. Have a good look at it, making sure there is no damage to the o rings and back up rings. Then take an o ring pick or a small screw driver and see if you can move the spool manually. You should be able to push it in and the spring should push it back. Give that a shot.

Scrapguy1

Occupation
Scrap dealer
I rebuilt my parking brake on 621D, however when I opened it up the washers fell to the floor and I’m unsure how to re stack can anyone chime in please?

Bucko6809

Yes I did, I found where the Bellevue washers are supposed to be stacked opposite of one another. Took apart brake and restacked washers… works like a dream now! Thank you for the follow up!
Can you explain what you mean stacked opposite? Have a used machine that the park brake doesn’t work running or not, trying to explore everything before I dive into something electrical.
If this makes sense, this is how mine are oriented from back to front of machine. ))(()) are you saying they should be ()()()?

Last edited:

Scrapguy1

Occupation
Scrap dealer
You are going to rebuild park brake with seal kit but when the belvue washers come out pay attention to their orientation. Yours look correct also but I Stacked them like this
()()() like a spring. They are curved and compress under hydraulic pressure. Hope this helps