• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 621b bogging issues and oil pressure light

Andrew gabrielson

Today my loader ran great till end of day oil pressure light came on and started bogging. Cleaned filter and ran fine. Is this a oil pressure issue or dirty air filter?

ianjoub

Depends on the order things happened. If the loader bogged down, then the oil pressure light came on, you are likely ok. The low oil pressure was due to very low rpm.

It is a fairly simple chore to screw an oil pressure tester in and double check things.

ianjoub

You screw the tester in place of the oil sending unit (the thing that told your oil pressure light to come on). I do not know where it is on your specific model. It is usually close to the oil filter, unless your filter is remotely mounted. The sensors are 1 wire or 2 wires. As for pressure, I assume a light would come on at less than 10 or 15 psi. You should have 20+ idling, more with higher rpm.

ianjoub

I guess my point was if you had low oil pressure when it bogged down, I wouldn't worry about it. If you had low oil pressure when at higher rpms, then it bogged down, you likely have a terminal situation.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Have to agree with ianjoub, depends on when and how the low oil lamp came on, under load and straining most likely catastrophic.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Today my loader ran great till end of day oil pressure light came on and started bogging. Cleaned filter and ran fine. Is this a oil pressure issue or dirty air filter?
My question is why did the engine bog down, was it under load when it bogged such as going into dirt pile loading bucket? The Case 6590 engines were notorious about low oil pressure after they got a few thousand hours on them. When I worked for Case dealership I would always check idle RPMs on machines should be about 850-900