• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE 580ST, carraro shuttle transmission ,torque converter in pressure oscillation

gktgr

Hello Sirs how are you?
i have an isuue with a Case 580ST 2019model T4B with a Carraro powershutle transmission.The complain of the operator was that the machine is overheating the transmission oil ,loose power while driving and a whiestling noise occuring while engine rev increasing.
I have check radiator for clogging,strainer is clean,new oil filter,new transmission oil.
I have take some pressure measures and i have notice that the torque converter inlet pressures its oscilating from 5.2 bar to 3.2 bar at idle 900rpm ,which is making a relief sound on top of the contol valve manifold.The main pressure is in the specifications 13.5bar stable.
when i slight press the throtle pedal and increase the rpm to 1100rpm the torque convert in pressure is getting to aproximately around 3.2 to 3.5 bar and stay at this pressure whith these rpm,if i increase the rpm the pressure will rise to around 9 to 10 bar.
also when the transmission oil temp rises the pressure is dropping below 3.0 bar and the machine is slipping.
The first action was to replace the toque converter and the transmission oil pump. The oscillation was still on.
Second i have removed and inspect the control valve and i found a valve spool stack in the housing ,i thought i have find the problem ,i clean it and i reinstall it,the problem is still on.
i have replace the control valve with a new one ,still a have the oscillations.
finally i removed the pressure regulator who located in line with the filter adapter and sort how the oscilations have decreased but when the engine rpm is above the idle the pressure drop from 5.3 bar to 4 bar ,
Has anyone came up with something familiar?
what is yours suggestion ?

thank you
George