• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580sk injection pump leak

Preppypyro

Hey guys and gals,

I have a leak on the injection pump on my 1995 580 sk. Pretty positive it's coming from under the spring on the throttle control (proper term?) Attached is a video.

I've always been hesitant to jump into tearing the injector pump apart because of flying springs and things, so wanted to see if anyone could tell me if there is a proper way to disassemble so I can replace whatever is leaking. (Guessing an o-ring)
Tips, advice, thoughts appreciated.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Wow.. u weren’t kidding.. THATS a leak..
U do not wanna open it up.!!!
The throttle shaft and lever are serrated.. the throttle can go on 15 different ways.!!
There IS an oring on the throttle shaft BUT there is also a brass bushing that’s pressed into the top cover that the shaft rides in..
THAT BUSHING is worn/grooved..
The replacement HAS TO BE pressed in to a CRITICAL DEPTH, using a special tool. Otherwise the throttle won’t turn..
You’ll b MILES AHEAD of u pull the pump and send it off..
I can do it if u like..

Preppypyro

Thanks for the reply.

It's odd, it just all of a sudden started leaking really bad, which is why I had figured it was maybe just a bad o ring.

I live in Canada so I doubt it would work for me to send it to you, but appreciate that.

I'll have to try to see if a local diesel shop can do it.

Thanks again for the advice and I'm sure glad I came on here and asked rather than just digging into it!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Your welcome.. I’m glad u came here too, rather than taking off the nut and pulling the throttle lever off..
I might b able to walk u thru the repair but u have the bushing to deal with.
Good luck w the repair..