• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580N Instrument panel light not in manual

PANCHO7

I have a 2015 Case 580n. When I start it the alarm sounds and a warning light comes on that looks similar to the Air filter restriction symbol, followed by the Stop warning light.

The symbol looks very similar to the air filter symbol, except the arrow is coming from the left side and has a wedge underneath it. I tried looking for it both in the manual and online with no help.
Any one here know what it is?

Thanks.

P.S.
Will upload pic of symbol tomorrow

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
That's the engine de-rate symbol. There should be fault codes to go with this.

Reactions: DB2

t horn

i guess i don't know to do the regeneration on my 580n i used a 1/2 tank of fuel and no luck . all of this hight tec stuff i don't know about. is there any help out there that i can do

Power Tan

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
You will have to have a dealer come out and plug in a laptop to reset it. More than likely emissions related or something as simple as not resetting your service meter after you change the oil. It keeps track of how many regens vs how many times you tell it you have changed the oil. It will give you a oil viscosity code.

t horn

thanks you for your info . do you think i could get a diagnose kit and re set it my self . i check with case in little rock the cost of them comin here would almost pay for one that i may use later on and which diagnose tool do you think i could use for the case 580n and other equipment and cars -- pickups and big trucks . thank for your help have a good & happy new year

Power Tan

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
You will not find any thing. Unfortunately it is a Case propitiatory software. I would think you would be money head to have it trucked to your local dealer. Trucking is as expensive as a field mechanic coming to you. If they could fix it in one trip I would say have them come out but I bet it will be at least two trips for them to fix it.