• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580n = code descriptions

Chevystepside

Hello Everyone,
I have a Case 580n with 14 codes in the system. Does anyone have a list of codes with descriptions? Also what program is needed to connect to the machine = OEM or aftermarket?

Code#1004 set 1x @ 949hrs
Code#1022 set 17x @ 965hrs
Code#3773 set 4x @ 1070hrs
And codes #1051-1063 set 3x @ 1071hrs

Lancer

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Service manual has the codes.
You will find that codes are so numerous no hope to respond to them all.
My fuel gauge sender was sticky. If I tipped the machine too far I got a code. My fuel water sensor malfunctioned. If my seat isn't latched in forward facing while backing up I get a code.

When I bought it 2-1/2 years ago I had owned it 2 weeks when 1st gear dissappeared. Again a code. With great research, we learned first gear wasn't working. Service manual sent us on a wild goose chase through the entire grounded conductor system. Took it to the dealer. Dealer said they used it as a golf cart 10 days, first gear was fine. I brought it home where it did work fine 1-1/2 years. Again it failed. We found a corroded solenoid magnet in the Power Shift mechanism. A year later it was third gear to fail, same problem, different solenoid.
It alarms constantly about regen. I bought an online operator's manual, can't open it. I don't know if I should do anything different about regen. Mine is 2014 model doesn't use DEF fluid.

I've concluded it is a great machine. Earplugs are essential to remain sane with all the alarms. If I could find the dammned alarm wires I'd cut them.