• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580L 2wd

tom97

My case 580L 2wd has a worn out front axle. Kink pins wore into axle, my spindles are good my question is where or will I be able to buy a good used axle? I have seen new aftermarket for sale but I am afraid of aftermarket fit. Thank You

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
These axle housings can be repaired. I have welded many of them using nickel rods. Usually one half of the hole is still in reasonable order & the worn section can be filled by welding & careful grinding using carbide burrs & a fine grinding stone on a die grinder, similar in size to the bearing cup.

Ideally this should be done in a machine shop & properly bored - for a perfect repair. But time is money & such a repair is very expensive.
Most of my clients opt for the 'on site' get me going in a few hours option...... most of these repairs have have lasted for quite a few years, with full time contractors.

bob_00

These axle housings can be repaired. I have welded many of them using nickel rods. Usually one half of the hole is still in reasonable order & the worn section can be filled by welding & careful grinding using carbide burrs & a fine grinding stone on a die grinder, similar in size to the bearing cup.

Ideally this should be done in a machine shop & properly bored - for a perfect repair. But time is money & such a repair is very expensive.
Most of my clients opt for the 'on site' get me going in a few hours option...... most of these repairs have have lasted for quite a few years, with full time contractors.

thanks for your reply alrman i have the same problem on my 580k looking for idea to fix it and you came up with a good plan