• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580D unidentified wire

Lee814

Can anyone help to identify what this wire is for and/or where it connects? The length is what is throwing me off as it was coiled up and unused when I purchased the machine. The wire colors are light blue/black. Wiring Diagram has not been much help since multiple wires are light blue/black.PXL_20230121_173212811.jpg PXL_20230121_173202346.jpg PXL_20230121_173124657.jpg

westerner

Was for the return to dig circuit which never worked well anyways. Lol

Just today I was repairing that same pair on a 580SM. The design has improved, but not by much.
Still using a mechanical microswitch right there with the old grease, dirt and branches.

Lee814

Was for the return to dig circuit which never worked well anyways. Lol

Just today I was repairing that same pair on a 580SM. The design has improved, but not by much.
Still using a mechanical microswitch right there with the old grease, dirt and branches.
Where was the actual switch located? I couldn't seem to find a switch or mount location.

westerner

The M has the switch at the right side hoist arm pivot.
Activated by a plate around the pivot rotated by an arm attached to the bucket.
The grease from the pivot joint is forever changing the point that the switch activates, to kick out the RTD magnet.
The OEM return-to-dig electromagnet went short a few months back as well. Not a cheap repair.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Might work okay but on mine gravel and branches and everything else just seemed to hit it. Lol