• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580C Fuel Pump

Pound

Hello!

I have a Case 580C and I have attached a video of the fuel pump.

I do not know what the problem is. I am thinking about blowing air through the return lines toward the fuel tank.

I would appreciate any advice regarding the fuel pump. Thanks.

John

Pound

It looks as tho the throttle shaft seal is leaking and dripping from the throttle lever.
Try and Google: Stanadyne metering valve..
That might give u an idea of how the throttle comes out and the oring that’s leaking..
Thanks!

Will I have to remove the fuel pump?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
No. But u do have to take off the top cover..
It’s easier to loosen the side cover to lower the fuel level inside the pump..& unless u shut the fuel off or pinch a rubber line, it’ll keep filling the pump..

Pound

I can access the fuel valve. Okay. I will replace the seals on the throttle shaft.
No. But u do have to take off the top cover..
It’s easier to loosen the side cover to lower the fuel level inside the pump..& unless u shut the fuel off or pinch a rubber line, it’ll keep filling the pump..

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The “seal” is an oring that is both on the throttle shaft and the shut off shaft..2 orings total.
If u buy a 24371 gasket kit, they will have them AND extra plastic spacers (2).. that if added, 1 on each side, will reposition where the oring seals in the bore..
There is a clip that holds the throttle to the shut off.. THAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED before the throttle can come out.
Try to find a video..