• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580C Add Auxilary Hydraulics

Popeye1

I recently bought an old Case 580C with Extenda hoe.
I have a lot of plans and projects to use it for, however I really could use some auxilary hydraulics.
I could really use a thumb and an auger. I have looked at the amulet thumbs, but that still leaves me needing power for an auger.
Does anyone have any ideas how to add aux hydraulics to one of these machines?
I already have the extend-a-hoe, so I'm pretty sure I can't add another valve to the spool.

The only idea I have right now is to tap into the extenda-a-hoe lines and add a solenoid controlled valve (which I already have fortunately) and stub it out to some quick connects. That way I could activate a switch (mounted on the extend-a-hoe lever) to route the flow from the extend-a-hoe into the auxillary lines.
It would be a little cumbersome, but it is the best option I have come up with.
Anyone have input for me on this? Anyone done something like this so I don't have to go in blind?

Thanks for all the help, I can tell this forum is going to save me a lot of time and frustration now that I own a backhoe.

DennyRam

I recently bought an old Case 580C with Extenda hoe.
I have a lot of plans and projects to use it for, however I really could use some auxilary hydraulics.
I could really use a thumb and an auger. I have looked at the amulet thumbs, but that still leaves me needing power for an auger.
Does anyone have any ideas how to add aux hydraulics to one of these machines?
I already have the extend-a-hoe, so I'm pretty sure I can't add another valve to the spool.

The only idea I have right now is to tap into the extenda-a-hoe lines and add a solenoid controlled valve (which I already have fortunately) and stub it out to some quick connects. That way I could activate a switch (mounted on the extend-a-hoe lever) to route the flow from the extend-a-hoe into the auxillary lines.
It would be a little cumbersome, but it is the best option I have come up with.
Anyone have input for me on this? Anyone done something like this so I don't have to go in blind?

Thanks for all the help, I can tell this forum is going to save me a lot of time and frustration now that I own a backhoe.

Hi,
Happy New Year!!
Were you able to accomplish this task?