• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580bck mechanical shuttle

kmantle

Flywheel back overhaul on things that are that are wore out ir broken. 4 speed trans., hi/lo lever, and standard pressure plate/clutch. I went loosely by the manual's end play tolerances allowing for what I beleive to be normal wear and tear. I assembled things after replacing some gears, bearings, and ALL seals from the final drive forward to the clutch. After putting it together the first time, the clutch wouldn't disengage. After I splitting it again I made sure clutchplate had flywheel side was facing the right way. It was. Put it together again, still won't release. Split it again and notice the spline has shavings to the end of the splines. Grind 1/8th inch off female splines inside of clutch. Bolt it up, clutch releases now. Try to drive forward and it will move a little with some pressure on lever but too much and it blows by the dent and grinds. Reverse works fine but still jumps out of low..the original problem. There was no problem originally with the forward/reverse lever. So now it has more problems than it did before I started. I pull the covers and it looks like the forward/reverse fork has an inch less travel than needed to reach the full forward position of the forward position of the shifting collar. No idea how this could be this far forward of where it has to be on the torque tube. Any help will be appreciated. My number is 406 285 3541. My name is Kail. Leave your number here if you have answers and thank you.