• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580BCK How to remove front axle pin...

BartDHull

I have a 1974 Case 580 BCK. I have the axle off and I can press out the bushing in the axle but how do I remove the pin? The pin is badly worn to where it was moving front to back and broke the 3rd mount off the oil pan, luckily not opening up the pan and dumping the oil.

This pin is my last tough obstacle. I have a new pan painted, new gaskets ready to go and the put the axle back up.

Suggestions?

Bart D. Hull
Laveen, AZ

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
Not sure if I'm on the same page but the only center pivot pin I removed was held in place with snap rings on the ends of the pin.

BartDHull

Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. How do you get to the backside? Should you have to pound it out or try penetrating oil?

Bart D Hull
Laveen, AZ.