• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580B; tach drive removal... Help

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I welded a piece of 1/2" allthread to the plug and found a piece of pipe that fit around the tach drive area and welded a large washer on top put the allthread through it and put a nut on it then used it as a puller. The weld broke later on in years and I haven't needed it sense so I haven't put it back together. I couldn't find the rest of it.
Another thing you can do which I just thought of is that you can weld a nut to the top of the drive and either use a slide hammer or puller.

Last edited:

JGuild

I like your idea that you used. Seems simple enough. I think I’ll give that a go when I get around to it.

Thanks again for the info and the photos.

JGuild

Hey, Coy. I’m at my local case dealer now picking up the tach cable. Just to be clear, there are no seals or o-rings that should be in place on the tach drive gear itself when it is put in place in the block?