• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580B CK value?

mcc92

I am looking at buying a backhoe. Does anyone know what a 1970's Case 580B CK is worth in decent shape?

TD-5

mcc, It seems to depend on area & demand, in general I see them going for $10,000 & up..... when I see one advertized locally. When I've looked on E-bay they seem to go in the $6000 to $12000 range.
I paid $5700 CDN for mine over 10 years ago & it was beat, I've put a lot of time into repairs on the old slave, but found that even the parts are not that cheap any more, so repairs soon add up even if your doing the work yourself.
One draw back of the B series & earlier machines is they are of unitized construction like a farm tractor, so you need to split the machine for major repairs.... like to the shuttle trans, if you can even find parts for those shuttles is even questionable. I pearsonally would try to find a later machine, I think they went to component style construction with the C or D series

accumac

Occupation
I buy and sell used earth moving machinery.
The way that the newer machines values have dropped, I would put the value on a 580B closer to $3 or $4K. 80's machines are going for under $10K at the auctions. Accumac

TD-5

I'd agree with the economy the way it is,they should be going for a lot less than what I'd stated. Unfortunately in my area I haven't seen a lot of price movement in the older machines, although I haven't been following 580B prices lately. I've been looking at older excavators with the idea of picking one up for ranch work. Dealer pricing on older machines have not dropped very much over the last 4-6mths, but then their inventory doesn't seem to be moving either. Ritchie bros has 3 auctions coming up this month , 2 in western Canada, & 1 in Washington, so i'll see what the prices are like.