1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Case 580B CK mechanical shuttle torch tube

Discussion in 'Scrapers' started by trailer king, May 23, 2020.

1. trailer king

trailer king Member

equipment opperater
    Lost Forward/Reverse. Was operating fine when called on a emergency mud slide to clear road. I got the tractor stuck. Next morning had it towed out and taken to dry land. Where the tire service truck was waiting to put 2 new rear tires on. Stated tractor to go back to work and no F,/R. This is a mechanical. Shuttle w/ torch tube transmission. New filter new fluid no F/R. When I pulled the two shift covers off I notice that the F/R shift forks were very loose and the rails for not seam to have any resistance. In addition F/R shift lever has always been very loose and it to seamed to have little resistance. So purchased both Shift cover completely assembled with shift levers and both in excellent condition. I replaced the fluids in both housing and now I want to install the shift cover. Now my question is do I need to do any thing special when installing the new. Things like do I need to have it in a spacific gear and so forth.

2. trailer king

trailer king Member

equipment opperater
    One more thing: the mechanical shuttle and torch tube does not have suction screen, filter or tube. To the best of my knowledge.