• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 Super N (diagnostic)

fpgm04

Kblair,
Welcome to HEF !

3368 – Fueling limited due to other engine faults detected
3834 – Throttle valve actuator circuit high
3411 – Desired throttle valve actuator position cannot be reached

Initial guess would be you have a defective or sticking TVA???

biggerhammer

Seen that code before-just remove the throttle valve and clean it. It gets gummed up with carbon from the egr system. Theres coolant lines so make sure you clamp them.

caseman1

Hello nowing75
I have similar codes on my super n
If possible could you send me that PDF
Of the shop manual I'd really appreciate it
Thanks

KBLAIR

Sorry I took so long to reply back to this. the Throttle actuator valve did fix this. It had to be replaced though couldn't clean it out. I would still like to have the manual if you don't mind sending it Nowing75.

Daniel1914

@kblair, good morning I'm trying to locate the throttle actuator valve which codes out 3834. Could you please help me with location of valve?

fpgm04

Welcome to HEF Daniel1914

As it has been a couple of days since your request to kblair, let me offer this information to possibly assist you.

See the following link to the Case parts website showing the air intake section for a F5 tier 4A engine. The TVA is part #4. Before you ask, I have no idea why the description says an air duct when obviously it is a valve as pictured.

Note as you did not say what specific model you have (580SN, 590SN, etc.) you may want to change the engine selection on the website to fit your vehicle, I simply brought up one F5 engine as an example.

Reference link
http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr652328ar649584bi1776973-4

TVA air intake 2.jpg

Daniel1914

fpgm04

Welcome to HEF Daniel1914

As it has been a couple of days since your request to kblair, let me offer this information to possibly assist you.

See the following link to the Case parts website showing the air intake section for a F5 tier 4A engine. The TVA is part #4. Before you ask, I have no idea why the description says an air duct when obviously it is a valve as pictured.

Note as you did not say what specific model you have (580SN, 590SN, etc.) you may want to change the engine selection on the website to fit your vehicle, I simply brought up one F5 engine as an example.

Reference link
http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr652328ar649584bi1776973-4

View attachment 132560

Thank you for information @ fpgm04

Runemaster

I am also interested in receiving the Case 580 Super N Service Manual if you are willing to send it over D Grade. I tried to request it via PM directly but I guess I do not have permission as a new member to do that. Thank you for any assistance you may be able to offer.