• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 Super L series 2 cab air filter?

rickw

Does anybody know where these air filter are located? I have my parts book that shows them. I just cant figure out where they go?!!

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
From the outside of the machine, remove the steel panel behind the rear work lights. The filters could be retained with spring clips.
:drinkup

Attachments

• 580sl cab filter.png
    580sl cab filter.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 347

rickw

I found the filters behind the panel. I ordered 2 new ones. they look like the originals.
one thing i did notice is the white foam insulation is coming loose from the roof possibly impeding the air flow.

rickw

My machine is a 580 Super L series 2 which is newer than the SK

rickw

I believe I orderewd them from the Case dealer. You can order parts thru the IH Case dealers also if you dont have a loclal Case Construction dealer

rickw

I dont remember. This thread is from 2013. I have found that OEM Case parts have been a little less expensive buying local has been less expensive than online. The online retailer charges full price for shipping. Typically from the dealer they get the part in on there normal weekly delivery from Case unless you are in a huge hurry and want them to UPS it. I also save a bunch on my HyTrans fluid from the local Case AG dealer. If you bring in your own container they willl sell it to you from there bulk tank and it save about 20%. We got it for about $18.70/Gal I think