• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 k phase 1 shuttle

Bodidley

Does anyone know the capacity of shuttle and torque converter 580 k.I have searched and found 8 guards for the shuttle,but can't find total of the cooler and converter and very hard to read on the dip stick with new oil even in 4th gear and shuttle in neutral.I would appreciate any help.
Bo

Bodidley

I have used red oil dye for a long time. It makes oil in sight glass oil level indicators quite visible.View attachment 298619
Well got the fluid checked today(thanks for the black paint advice)and level right on the full mark
We rebuilt shuttle completely and new converter.Still weak but better than before.My phase 3 would push circles around this one.Just about to get discouraged with this one.My phase 3
Burned early this spring and have sick ever since.Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Bo

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Check fuel system for dirty filters and or weak lift pump. I'm assuming the engine runs okay or does it fill weak? What is your stall test tell you.

Bodidley

Hadn't done a stall test but,engine runs strong,hoe got plenty of power.Reverse strong.Its like the forward clutch pack not completely engaging.This is the forth time we have had it out.Everything cleaned spotless.New clutches,seals ,charge pump.ect.Just got us stumped .
Bo

Bodidley

56 wrench we did not.I wish I had.It loosing fluid pressure somewhere either the piston or through the valve or something.I will take it out again in a week or so probably after Thanksgiving.Just about to give up!
Lol
Bo

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
It is very easy to cut those small sealing rings on the feed tube that goes back into the shaft, I always stick them in the groove with thick sticky grease and work them down to make sure they are tight in the bottom of the groove. I always double check them before I button one up.

Bodidley

Melben we payed special attention to the seals(also got them from case)heavy grease and worked them in the groove . Maybe we get it figured out this next time.Whats so bad about it it's fairly simple!
Probably something simple that's not right !