• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 C Differential Bolt kit

toomanymopars

I have a early 80s 580C Case Backhoe. It sheared off the bolts that attach ring gear to carrier in the differential. I did the same thing several years ago and I previously was able to find a complete kit that included 12 bolts, 12 washers, and 12 cone type spacers for around $60.00. Now it seems like nothing is available aftermarket.

I did purchase hopefully the correct bolts on e bay that were genuine Case (they haven't arrived yet). The big issue is the spacers. Case dealer says they are $67.00 each x 12. I think he is full of it...maybe for the set of 12, but he says that is for one. Anyone have any ideas or is my machine THAT obsolete?

Welder Dave

Perhaps another dealer or someone at your dealer could confirm if they come as a kit or individual. If individual a machine shop could probably make them for lot less on a CNC machine. We're the old spacers lost or couldn't be reused? What are doing to have broken the bolts twice?

toomanymopars

We probably can re use half of them, but some are in bad shape. As far as it doing this again, I have no idea. Probably because we probably use the loader part a lot harder than it was designed for. lol...The rear differential design is small and weak to begin with. Age, and probably abuse have caused stress. However, it is aggravating that 5 years ago you could buy an entire bolt kit with washers and spacers for $60 and now nothing available aftermarket...and case wants $67 each for a thimble size spacer. These tapered spacers look pretty much the same as on a truck rear axle. Might be time to start looking for something else.

Welder Dave

Do you remember where you got them the last time? Might be good to call Dale Weiss (sp) he's been mentioned on here many times as the Case parts expert.