• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 backhoe hydraulic pump seal part number

mattyt1984

Does anyone know the input part number for this pump it's the main pump driven off front of engine. Looks like two bolts and this comes right off? Problem is it leaks allot of oil when under load but still has power.

Tinkerer

Exact model and serial number of the tractor is needed to get the correct info.
Did you mean the input shaft seal ?
It would be prudent to remove the pump and check the input shaft bearing and the splines on it.
You may need a new pump. They are sometimes cheaper than new parts for one..

RDC_580C

The 2 big hydraulic lines, 2 bolts, and then a splined coupling that may or may not give you more grief than you deserve. Depends on who pulled it apart last, or if it ever was before, and how much, if any, anti-seize they put on there before reinstalling it. A stuck one of those things makes every penny you spend on an air hammer worth it.

mattyt1984

It is a case 580c I cannot make out serial number. Hydraulic pump I need to rebuild is a Cessna with number 24500. I need seal kit with springs as there is 2 broken springs in the pump. Anyone have the pump rebuild kit part number?

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
If you've got broken springs you've also got other adverse internal wear and possibly component damage,rebuilding the pump will probably be futile..Once the internal plates/gears are damaged they're probably pooched...I would recommend pump replacement..From experience I would also recommend not cheaping out and buying one off ebay, call Dale, as noted above and spend the extra loot for a quality pump..I purchased my 2nd pump from a dealer that's no longer in business, 1st ebay pump lasted 3 weeks:mad:..While you have the pump out I would also recommend replacing the fan/alternator belt while you're in there, it's kinda a no brainer because you don't want to have to pull all that crap apart again later...I also replaced all the suction lines while doing the pump as well,the system was empty and the old ones were 40+ years old and a little "squishy"..check the cooler lines as well..Don't forget a new hydraulic filter when you're ordering parts..AAAAND as long as we're spending your money don't forget about the pump coupler, inspect the splines/mounting grommets for wear and tear,aw hell they're cheap enough just replace it..

Last edited: