• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 b paintjob

Swampfoxo

Occupation
Engineer
I want you to know i love this site. I might be crazy but i needed a toysoi picked up a 580b backhoe for 4 grand. I rebuilt 90 percent of the hydraulic cylinders thus far from watching you tube videos. Replaced hoses and fixed bent metal hyraulic lines. Cleaned out thd power shuttle suction screen without pulling the fuel tank. Redone , working on brakes. Anyhow i repainted the rear boom while i was rebuilding the ctylinders. Itlooks great. Im using cat yellow cause i got 4 gallons free. Do you think im wasting my time. My brother thinks i shoulx wait till im retired but i say i have ready cash right now. Id rather not touch my retirement unless im doing the shuttle clutches or rear end. The hoe is solid and isnt sloppy either changing some bushings although the lower swing tower pin has a center bushing but no outter soi made them outta undersized pipe. Its tight now. Even locks in transport better. Thd new hoses are put inthe way i think they shoulda been but thd others were crossed somd time in thd past. Anyone on herd still messinv with thix machine. Ive dug up several large stumps already . After the hose on the hoe replacemenf i was able to go full throttle. Thanks mike