• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 Aux hydraulics ??

Mike.580ck

has anyone added aux hydraulics to a Case 580 c-ck , i have one its a 1974 and i do alot of tree clearing and brush handling i am building a brush grapple to go on the bucket and i want to see if you have any ideas on how you would tap into the hydraulic system or if i should add another pump or what i should do, i figured i would put an additional control valve right on top by where the original bucket control lever is , any input or pictures would be greatly appreciated THANK you in advance

Goose

The easiest way would be to just plumb an electric diverter valve in the bucket circuit and then mount a momentary push button on the loader control. then to use the grapple you just hold the button and use the bucket function to control the grapple cylinders and then when the button is not pushed the bucket lever will operate the bucket as normal. Most of the TSC and Orschelns stock an electrick diverter valve that would work fine.