• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 530 injection pump shaft needed

Tacks

My so bought a non running 530 to find a broken shaft to pump. Any good places to look? He has not found one. Are the shafts different on the 580? Thanks Tom

Delmer

if the shaft broke, you need a different injection pump, they don't break shafts until the rotor and head locks up, then the shaft breaks to prevent damage to the timing gears. Send thepumpguy a message, or get a second opinion.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
U r correct Delmer..
The head and rotor seizes, which in turn snaps the shaft..
Get the numbers off the name plate on the pump..

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Sorry but Dale @ TractorStuff doesn’t have any..
I can rebuild yours.. I have a H&R..
U can also look up some cross #’s..
27AJ & 37AJ

Tacks

Can you rebuild after being seized? Have to replace hard parts also? Still in search of the shaft, any ideas?

Tacks

My first post should have said my son. So what is H&Rs? Is the shaft# on the pump end or engine end?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Shaft # is on the pump end..
The H&R is an abbreviation for “HEAD AND ROTOR”.. which is the main pumping unit..
The head is the part u screw the steel lines to, that go up to the injectors..
The rotor fits inside the head and is driven by the dr. shaft..
Speaking of injectors, a stuck closed injector WILL seize a pump in a NY minute.. so plan on replacing ALL of them..

Tacks

The pump shaft# is 10214 So any luck having one? Does the H&R always need replaced seized? What would you charge for an H&R? Thanks

woodfirst

I highly recommend Pump Guy and strongly urge you to consider sending it to him. He helped me out with a case dozer injection pump and gave me advice on removal and re-installation that prevented the job from taking twice as long. He turned it around in 1 week and lent me the installation tools. Pump runs flawlessly since rebuild

thepumpguysc

Occupation
1 week.??!!! I musta been sick.??
or your counting/adding in the 3 day shipping.??
I strive for a 3 day turn around..
Thank you for your kind words..

Tacks

I highly recommend Pump Guy and strongly urge you to consider sending it to him. He helped me out with a case dozer injection pump and gave me advice on removal and re-installation that prevented the job from taking twice as long. He turned it around in 1 week and lent me the installation tools. Pump runs flawlessly since rebuild

Thanks for the recommendation. I plan to contact him.