• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 450b repower

jross036

I'm looking to re power my Case 450B with the cummins b4 390 non turbo out of a 580l. Wondering if anyone here knows or has done this. That's the same engine as the C model so it might make a good swap. My 208d is pretty tired and my scrapper friend will give me the running Cummins. I guess the main issue would be the torque converter. Doing some p/n research to see what else might be involved. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,Jonathan

sheepfoot

The B has a different converter than the C, I think the charge pump for your B is off the right hand side of the 207 engine, a 4-390 engine has the drive off the left side and is not used due to a charge pump mounted in the converter housing on the C. Myself I would do a inspection on the 207 engine and see just what it needs, you may come out better just rebuilding your engine. You may let him drop you off a 4-390 to do some checking to see how much work it would take. You will need the front engine mount for the hyd pump off a C, and also need to check the charge pump pattern, and drive gear to the camshaft. Spacing for the fan blades/ rad assembly. What is the 4-390 out of?.