• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 445 CT Series 3 or Not?

CaseFan13

Yesterday we went to check out some equipment and one was a real nice 2009 Case 445 CT with about 1000 hours. We are seriously considering this deal. However, I brought up the fact that I've seen 2008 Series 3 machines. This one is supposedly a 2009 model but it doesn't have the "Series 3" decal that all the others do. Does anybody know if they made both Series 3 and regular during the 2009 year or what? We're not sure what to think. I have the serial number handy if it can shed light on this deal.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If its an 09 its a Series 3. A couple other ways to tell is the updated cab over the orginal 400 series, the loader arms on the 445-S3 will be like the ones on the 465 not the 435 like the original 400 series 445 had.

Goose

See which way the key goes in the ignition switch. If the key goes in the switch with the cut side up it is a series 1, cut side of the key down it is a series 3.